Introducing the Parish
Welcome to your village church! Come on an adventure as we give thanks to God the Father, find rest in Jesus, and serve others in the power of the Holy Spirit. We’re part of a team of 3 churches offering services ranging from the very traditional to the extremely informal; plenty of opportunities to get involved with activities during the week; and the chance to share important life events such as christenings, weddings, and funerals. If you’d like to know more then get in touch, or simply drop in to church – we’re open every day!
- Sunday Morning – Watch the pre-recorded service for the week on our YouTube Channel: Click here to view
Worshipping in church:
- The church building is open every day from 10am – 4pm for private prayer and reflection.
- There is now a service in St Mary’s Church every Sunday at 11am – no need to book
We continue to adopt measures in church to keep everyone safe whilst the COVID infection rates remain high:
- We ask everyone to continue to sanitise their hands on the way into church.
- We will leave 2m between rows of seats, allowing you to seat yourselves along the rows/ pews.
- We ask everyone who isn’t medically exempt to continue to wear a mask when moving around the church – eg. on the way in, way out, and during the administration of communion.
- You can take your mask off once at your seat.
- We will resume singing outdoors without masks in.
- We will reserve an area for those who prefer to sit 2m apart AND keep their masks on at all times during the service.
- Communion – Both bread and wine will now be offered at communion. The minister will dip your wafer into the cup of wine before dropping it into your hand.
This will not apply to weddings or funerals, where any measures will be discussed with the families concerned.
Response to Coronavirus
If you are isolated at home and want someone to talk to, or worried about a neighbour and unable to safely help, then you can contact Rev Richard on 01844 208987. We’d love to talk to you, and we can seek practical help through village social networks and our own church community list.
Praying & serving together through the pandemic:
- Join in with the Church’s daily rhythm of prayer Monday to Saturday – click here to find out how
- Take a Guided Prayer Walk round the village, reflecting on the different ways in which the pandemic is impacting our community:Prayer Walk Long Crendon
- Suggested structure for Family Worship at Home
- Take action to care for others where you live – click here to find out how